Our wonderful Mary Gibson has an opportunity to pursue a teaching career and will be with Beckford Parish only through the end of this month (July 2018). We wish her well but will miss her fiercely.
The following job announcement is being disseminated. Please read and spread the word to anyone you know who might be a good candidate for this vital position on our parish staff.
Read below or click to download: Administrator Job Announcement
Part-Time Parish Administrator
Historic Beckford Parish
18 hours/week, Monday through Thursday
$14,040 – $15,912 yearly based on experience
Historic Beckford Parish (Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Woodstock, VA & Saint Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Mt. Jackson, VA) is a church of 125+ members. Reporting to the Rector, the Parish Administrator provides support services for church operations as directed by the Rector. It is desirable for this person to have knowledge of congregational dynamics and a respect for the Christian faith and Episcopal traditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Produce and edit the worship bulletin for all church services, including Sunday and special service bulletins. Ensure that prayer lists, server schedule and announcements have been updated and are accurate. Bulletins are prepared with input from the Rector and Organist. Rector to approve final draft.
- Handle the flow of all written and electronic communications in the church. Experience with Constant Contact helpful but not required.
- Create and produce brochures, flyers, posters, banners, etc. to promote events & programs to the congregation and community.
- Creatively and effectively update the church website and Facebook page, and use other social media resources to notify the community about ministry and mission in Beckford Parish. Experience with WordPress helpful but not required.
- Publish and maintain the master calendar, meeting and program schedule, church contact list and other essential lists and data.
- Oversee the compilation, production, and distribution of the church directory and annual report.
- Assist church members working on church programs or activities as requested by the Rector.
- Prepare and send monthly payroll to Paychex.
- Maintain Phone System daily: Check messages; maintain greeting, track voicemails and give to Rector or other appropriate people in timely manner.
- Keep sandwich boards up to date and post notices as needed.
- Assist with annual budget process by providing input about administrative expenses.
- Maintain confidentiality of records.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Rector.
- Must have a heart for ministry in a church setting.
- Must be professional, discerning, and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and work independently.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office, use of the Internet, and experience using a database system to maintain member records.
Must have a working knowledge of the basic spectrum of social media.
- Must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Must pass child abuse clearance and police background check.
- Must have at least two years’ experience in an administrative capacity, preferably in a church setting.
- Must support the mission and values of Beckford Parish.
The Administrator reports directly to the Rector.
When applying, please send your resume along with a cover letter stating why you would like to serve in this position to email@example.com.
Job Type: Part-time
- Office Administration: 2 years
- Bachelor’s or four years’ experience in office administration.